Stefan is the founder/inventor of RAW Exchange.
The company has started as a small project targeted on the German language market but with its success has quickly grown to an internationally run business with multiple employees working from various places all over the world. RAW Exchange was founded on the idea to deliver high-quality stock images for composites and other Photoshop based used cases. With it came the idea of creating educational content and tutorials around using these files and to learn to retouch.
Our Topics In Episode #017:
- Do you shoot raw?
- What is RAW EXCHANGE?
- Challenges of creating Custom Stock Packages
- Retouching and compositing
- Building and feeding a community
- The magic of discovering beauty retouching
- The magical retouching button
- Retouching > Meditation
- Dodge&Burn Love
- Working from home
- managing to work long hours while being a dad & husband
- How important is color management?
The Birth Of RawExchangeWe have been talking with Stefan how he started with photography and how RawExchange came to be. Things took off when he decided to go crazy and to put a camera right into the fire. It was just afterward when he decided to make the images available for others to use
Stefans Pro Tip:
If you are learning retouching, always ask the question WHY!